School District Of The City Of York
Class of 2020 Diploma Pick-up/ Virtual Graduation Information
Greetings Bearcat Family,
We are excited to present our Seniors with their diplomas on Thursday, June 4, 2020, between the hours of 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. At this time, the student must return all textbooks, electronic devices, and district-loaned items (such as instruments, calculators, costumes, etc.).
Senior Device and Textbook Dropoff/Diploma Pick-up/ Locker Clean-out
- All attendees are required to wear a mask and adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Students should report to Door 33 (Princess Street Gym Doors) and find the assigned line based on their last name.
- Students say their names to be identified on the list, return the district-issued electronic device, textbooks, and other district-loaned items.
- Once cleared on the list, the students will be issued their diploma and any awards in which they were to receive.
- Students will be asked if they have any personal items that they would like to retrieve from their lockers. If “yes”, students will be escorted into the building to retrieve them. If “no” you are giving permission to the School District of the City of York to discard any remaining items left in the school locker.
Note: Parents and/or guardians (with appropriate ID) are permitted to drop off and pick up the items listed above.
Reflecting on the district’s priorities of being equitable and understanding the impact of COVID-19 we have decided to forgive any remaining balances or financial obligations that were incurred for this school year.
Virtual Graduation Ceremony
The School District of the City of York is pleased to present a professional video commemorating the Class of 2020. This commemorative video will be streamed at 7:00 PM on Thursday, June 4, 2020. The link to view the live stream is available below.
Those who wish to view the live stream will be able to access the link to enter the video platform 30-minutes prior to 7:00 PM to ensure you have an adequate amount of time to prepare for the celebration. We encourage you to post congratulatory pictures and videos enjoying the Virtual Graduation Ceremony by using the hashtag #WPSHSClassof2020.